Escape to Victory (1981)
Escape to Victory Quote: “This frigging game is ruining my life.” – Captain Robert Hatch
If you love soccer and the world’s nicest Nazis, then “Escape to Victory” is the movie for you. Listener Joe T commissioned this World War II POW tale from across the pond, then was kind enough to call in with the most professional voicemail we’ve ever received.
“Victory” is a movie that proved actors want to be footballers, and footballers want to be actors, and the French Resistance always gets the short end of the stick. Hear Gene’s frustration with the shower scene, Big D’s disappointment in Pele, and Ash’s indignation with butchered French.
Plot Summary: “Escape to Victory” The head of a German POW camp, soccer enthusiast Karl von Steiner (Max von Sydow) organizes a match between Nazi players and their Allied captives. Orchestrated as a way to push the Third Reich agenda, the high-profile game is set to feature an international team led by John Colby (Michael Caine), a veteran British player. While the team, which also includes Luis Fernandez (Pelé) of Trinidad, trains for the match, Robert Hatch (Sylvester Stallone) plans a dangerous mass escape from the camp.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/social-media
Help Support the Podcast
- Commission Movie: http://shatthemovies.com/support
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: http://shatthemovies.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Leave Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite