The Fifth Element (1997)
The Fifth Element Quote: “Now a real killer, when he picked up the ZF-1, would’ve immediately asked about the little red button on the bottom of the gun.” – Zorg
The Fifth Element combined the action starpower of Bruce Willis, the sexuality of Milla Jovovich, the comedic genius of Chris Tucker, the incomparable talent of Gary Oldman and the fashion vision of Jean-Paul Gaultier. And it pretty much sucked.
Shocked? So were we. In 1997, we worshipped this movie. In 2017, we were horrified to note the glacial pacing, meandering storyline and awkward fight choreography. Kevin Brackett, of Reel Spoilers and Review St. Louis, guest hosts and confirms our startling realization: The Fifth Element does not hold up.
Plot Summary: “The Fifth Element“ In the 23rd century, a New York City cabbie, Korben Dallas (Bruce Willis), finds the fate of the world in his hands when Leeloo (Milla Jovovich) falls into his cab. As the embodiment of the fifth element, Leeloo needs to combine with the other four to keep the approaching Great Evil from destroying the world. Together with Father Vito Cornelius (Ian Holm) and zany broadcaster Ruby Rhod (Chris Tucker), Dallas must race against time and the wicked industrialist Zorg (Gary Oldman) to save humanity.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite