Last Action Hero (1993)
Last Action Hero Quote: “Well I’m sorry to disappoint you but you’re gonna live to enjoy all the glorious fruits life has got to offer – acne, shaving, premature ejaculation… and your first divorce.” – Jack Slater
Arnold Schwarzenegger considered “Last Action Hero” the beginning of the end of his film career. After a string of blockbusters, Arnold had a flop on his hands.
“Last Action Hero” — a self-referential parody of every action movie that made Arnold’s career — didn’t sit well with fans who didn’t know what to make of it. Oh, and it was competing with a little movie called “Jurassic Park.”
But there’s a lot to love about this cinematic oddity: intentionally painful puns, boundless cameos, purposefully ridiculous action sequences, and Arnold being Arnold.
Gene gets a little too cerebral. Kerri reveals her obsession with fart jokes and hatred for AC/DC, and Big D brings the best Schwarzenegger impressions in the business in this Big Gun of a Shat The Movies episode.
Video: Top 10 Darkest Movie Theories
Video: Why ‘Last Action Hero’ Is Secretly Creepy
Plot Summary: “Last Action Hero” Following the death of his father, young Danny Madigan (Austin O’Brien) takes comfort in watching action movies featuring the indestructible Los Angeles cop Jack Slater (Arnold Schwarzenegger). After being given a magic ticket by theater manager Nick (Robert Prosky), Danny is sucked into the screen and bonds with Slater. When evil fictional villain Benedict (Charles Dance) gets his hands on the ticket and enters the real world, Danny and Jack must follow and stop him.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite