The Last Starfighter (1984)
The Last Starfighter Quote: “We were looking up at the stars and she sticks her tongue in my ear. I screamed. I’ll apologize to her tomorrow, okay?” – Beta
The Last Starfighter brought us Rylans, the Kodan, Zando-Zans, Grig, Beta Units and whatever the hell Centauri was. It also delivered childhood dreams of video game supremacy that would carry us to the stars.
But does all that make up for hammy acting, eye-melting CGI and an alien race who look like balding boobs? That’s this week’s debate, and Shat The Movies’ three-man panel is split like never before.
So load up your meteor cannon, strap into your gunstar and get ready to discover a whole lot more about Roger’s sex life.
Plot Summary: “The Last Starfighter“ After finally achieving the high score on Starfighter, his favorite arcade game, everyday teenager Alex Rogan (Lance Guest) meets the game’s designer, Centauri (Robert Preston) — who reveals that he created Starfighter as a training ground for developing and recruiting actual pilots to help fight a war in space. Whisked away from the banality of his trailer park life to a distant alien planet, Alex struggles to use his video game-playing skills to pilot a real ship, with real lives at stake.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite