“Goldeneye” gave us a new James Bond in Pierce Brosnan and type of villain with Alan Cumming’s Boris The Hacker. But the 1995 blockbuster missed a Golden opportunity to reinvent a franchise that was long overdue for some growing up.
Sure, there were highlights: a sadistically sexy Famke Janssen as Xenia Onatopp, another Sean Bean death and a cameo by Minnie Driver. However, the improbable stunts, goofy gadgets, sexism, misogyny were too much for this movie to overcome.
At least there was the video game. Man, that was a fun game.
Plot Summary: “Goldeneye“ When a powerful satellite system falls into the hands of Alec Trevelyan, AKA Agent 006 (Sean Bean), a former ally-turned-enemy, only James Bond (Pierce Brosnan) can save the world from an awesome space weapon that — in one short pulse — could destroy the earth! As Bond squares off against his former compatriot, he also battles Trevelyan’s stunning ally, Xenia Onatopp (Famke Janssen), an assassin who uses pleasure as her ultimate weapon.
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite