The Princess Bride
How have we gone more than 100 movies without reviewing “The Princess Bride?” It’s a travesty of justice, one that Shat The Movies listener Adam R. decided to correct with his generous commission.
Is it a comedy? Is it a romance? Is it an action film, or a fantasy tale? The answer is yes. “The Princess Bride” is all of these things in an infinitely quotable and absolutely unforgettable package.
In this episode, we discuss whether ’80s video games were better than today’s, why Rob Reiner would hire an actor whose speech he couldn’t understand, and how “The Princess Bride” somehow looked better than “Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves” on a fraction of the budget.
Gene explains why the film’s politeness sets it apart from other ’80s greats. Dick tells the tale of how Billy Crystal and Carol Kane were robbed of even better-improvised scenes, and Roger argues that no other movie has as many stellar performances by as many brilliant actors.
Plot Summary: “The Princess Bride” A fairy tale adventure about a beautiful young woman and her one true love. He must find her after a long separation and save her. They must battle the evils of the mythical kingdom of Florin to be reunited with each other. Based on the William Goldman novel “The Princess Bride” which earned its own loyal audience.
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite