The Sandlot Quote: “You’re killin’ me Smalls!” – Hamilton “Ham” Porter
Shat The Movies listener Valorie commissioned “The Sandlot” thinking she would get a podcast about the 1993 coming-of-age baseball classic.
Instead, she got a curveball with a little mustard on it as hosts Roger Roeper and Dick Ebert retell their glorious softball history that spans from Singaporean caning to Big D’s dribblers to the plate.
Meanwhile, Gene Lyons goes full Social Justice Warrior as he decries Squints’ devious assault on Wendy Peffercorn and laments the incomprehensibly cruel treatment of The Beast.
This episode of Shat The Movies also covers when to call your stepdad “dad,” whether a man should have to endure his replacement touching his dog, Major League segregation, nicotine gum pranks, and who should have been cast instead of James Earl Jones.
Plot Summary: “The Sandlot “ When Scottie Smalls (Thomas Guiry) moves to a new neighborhood, he manages to make friends with a group of kids who play baseball at the sandlot. Together they go on a series of funny and touching adventures. The boys run into trouble when Smalls borrows a ball from his stepdad that gets hit over a fence.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite