Timerider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann
We all love Dick Ebert, but giving him what he wants isn’t always the best idea. Big D is a man of strange appetites who suffered through a childhood that left him wishing he could travel time to make friends. And his obsession with “Timerider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann” was bound to end in disaster.
Listener Shawn Green generously commissioned this review of the 1982 sci-fi cult classic as a gift to the Shat Crew. Gene was pumped to see Lyle Swann’s sweet Yamaha motorcycle in action. Roger was excited to compare yet another movie to “Star Wars,” and Dick yearned to be reunited with Belinda Bauer, the subject of his first self-stimulation experience.
What followed was a lesson in woman-on-man sexual assault, the creative genius of Mike from The Monkees, a bizarre skinny-dipping scene, some incredibly bad marksmanship, terrified Mexicans, and every kind of causal loop wrapped into 100 minutes of film powered by 30 minutes of actual material.
It’s weird. It’s wild. And it’s perfect for Shat The Movies.
Plot Summary: “Timerider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann” Motorcycle racer Lyle Swann (Fred Ward) is cruising through the Mexican desert when he accidentally stumbles into a time-travel experiment and finds himself transported back to the Old West of the 1870s. There he encounters an attractive local woman (Belinda Bauer) and a gang of criminals led by Porter Reese (Peter Coyote). Lyle’s motorized bike is impressive in the past — until it runs out of gas. Now Lyle must rely on his wits to take care of business and return to his own time.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Twitch: http://shatthemovies.com/twitch
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite