Office Space (1999)
Office Space Quote: “I don’t like my job and I don’t think I’ll go anymore.” – Peter Gibbons
Most Shat films can only hope to be as funny now as the day they were released. “Office Space” might actually have gotten funnier over the years.
That’s probably because we’re grown-ups now and can relate to commuting, quitting a job, getting laid off, and regurgitating corporate buzzwords.
In this episode, commissioned by listener Don Sauce, you’ll hear career advice from Gene Lyons, music advice from Ash, and why Big D will never leave his job.
The Shat Crew also covers toxic positivity, Gene’s workplace tantrums, Ash’s fear of Y2K, past lovers, and the surprising role Jennifer Aniston played in getting “Office Space” made.
Plot Summary: “Office Space” Corporate drone Peter Gibbons (Ron Livingston) hates his soul-killing job at software company Initech. While undergoing hypnotherapy, Peter is left in a blissful state when his therapist dies in the middle of their session. He refuses to work overtime, plays games at his desk, and unintentionally charms two consultants into putting him on the management fast-track. When Peter’s friends learn they’re about to be downsized, they hatch a revenge plot against the company inspired by “Superman III.”
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/social-media
Help Support the Podcast
- Commission Movie: http://shatthemovies.com/support
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: http://shatthemovies.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Leave Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite