Point Break (1991) Encore Presentation
Point Break Quote: “You gonna jump or jerk off?” – Johnny Utah
Keanu Reeves’ pro-pooch, mega-violent action trilogy is complete with this week’s release of “John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum,” and we’d love to review it for you. But our VHS collections only go so far as 1999. What a lot of people don’t know is that before there was John Wick 3, there was John Wick 2. And before that, Keanu Reeves starred a little movie called John Wick.
But years before John Wick’s 2014 release, we could already sense Keanu Reeves had action movies in his blood. There was “The Matrix,” which we’ve covered. And Johnny Mnemonic, which sucked shit. And “Speed 2,” which he wasn’t in.
None of those was worthy of our Best of Shat The Movies collection. Only one film brought together all the amazing elements of ’90s action, sexy surf bodies, dead presidents, surprisingly affordable food, and the incomparable Patrick Swayze.
Today, we present to you the 1991 homage to extreme sports and reckless gunplay: Point Break.
Thanks so much for listening, and we can’t wait to be back with you. Enjoy the show.
Plot Summary: “Point Break” Johnny Utah (Keanu Reeves) is a Special Agent for the F.B.I. Utah gets partnered with Angelo Pappas (Gary Busey), an experienced Agent, who is more than committed to his work. The two are asked to investigate the number of robberies committed by a group called The Ex-Presidents, who wear masks of former Presidents Reagan, Nixon, Carter, and Johnson for their robberies. Pappas has a theory that The Ex-Presidents are a group of surfers and asks for Utah to go undercover as a surfer. The problem is, Utah couldn’t surf to save his life. That, plus the two continuously being hassled by unpleasant and rough Agent Harp (John C. McGinley). With the help of Tyler (Lori Petty) a competent female surfer, Utah begins to gain the respect of local surfer Bodhi (Patrick Swayze) and his group. Utah forms a close bond with Bodhi, but the relationship between Utah and Bodhi becomes limited when Utah suspects that Bodhi and his group are The Ex-Presidents.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Twitch: http://shatthemovies.com/twitch
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite