Purple Rain (1984)
Purple Rain Quote: “You have to purify yourself in Lake Minnetonka.” – The Kid
We dedicate this episode to The Purple One on the fifth anniversary of his death. And we celebrate “Purple Rain,” a film he made early in his career that encapsulated his essence like a sexy horcrux.
This podcast has it all: snakes with hands, David Lee Roth, Morris Day, on-screen fingering, and a very confused Dick Ebert.
The Shat Crew navigates some thorny issues on this one, including domestic abuse, the lyrics to “Darling Nikki,” and how the hell “Sex Shooter” was ever recorded.
Plot Summary: “Purple Rain” A victim of his own anger, the Kid (Prince) is a Minneapolis musician on the rise with his band, the Revolution, escaping a tumultuous home life through music. While trying to avoid making the same mistakes as his truculent father (Clarence Williams III), the Kid navigates the club scene and a rocky relationship with a captivating singer, Apollonia (Apollonia Kotero). But another musician, Morris (Morris Day), looks to steal the Kid’s spotlight — and his girl.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Twitch: http://shatthemovies.com/twitch
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite