Red Dawn (1984)
Red Dawn Quote: “Don’t cry! Hold it back! Let it turn to something else. Just let it turn – to something else.” – Jed Eckert
No ’80s movie library would be complete without “Red Dawn,” the surprisingly violent movie that pitted American high school kids against a communist invasion, debuted the PG-13 rating and turned Shat The Movies into a warzone.
While Ash and Gene blast the laughably serious performances and meandering plot, Big D valiantly mounts a counterassault based mostly on Cold War hysteria and a cast that includes Patrick Swayze, Charlie Sheen, Jennifer Grey, Lea Thompson, Harry Dean Stanton, Powers Boothe (minus the mustache), C. Thomas Howell, and Ron O’Neal. Along the way, the Shat Crew battles over child abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, and audience abuse.
They also discuss re-education camp security, a deleted “love scene,” mystery supplies, and whether “Red Dawn” was a call to arms or an anti-war movie disguised so well as a pro-war movie that it just made American kids want to go to war.
Stay tuned for the wipe scores at the end. Things get bloody.
Plot Summary: “Red Dawn” In an alternate 1980s, the United States stands alone as communism grows stronger. When Soviet soldiers invade a small Colorado town, brothers Jed (Patrick Swayze) and Matt Eckert (Charlie Sheen) escape with friends to the forest. With their father, Tom (Harry Dean Stanton), a prisoner of the invading army, the children decide to fight against the Soviets. As the country comes under increasing attack, the group teams up with Lt. Col. Andrew Tanner (Powers Boothe) to take back their town.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Twitch: http://shatthemovies.com/twitch
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite