Tequila Sunrise (1988)
Tequila Sunrise Quote: “Let’s see now: you’ve lost half a million dollars, confiscated a ton of useless coke, and been responsible for the murder of a federal informant, and that… that’s just tonight.” – Nick Frescia
Ash makes Shat The Movies history as we motorboat our way through a star-studded film with the coolest movie poster of 1988: “Tequila Sunrise.”
This is a serious movie with serious cops who seriously love peanuts and throwing coffee while sleeping with witnesses and chatting on gigantic walkie-talkies. We’ve got saxophones, sunsets, swing sets, and more twists than a bowl of Olive Garden spaghetti.
In this episode commissioned by listener Rachel C., Gene decodes the noises old Iranian uncles make. Big D can’t decide if the film is stupid or he is, and Ash puts on her scuba suit to explore underwater hot tub sex.
Plot Summary: “Tequila Sunrise” In a seaside California town, best friends Mac (Mel Gibson) and Nick (Kurt Russell) are on opposite sides of the law. Mac is a former drug dealer trying to clean up his act, while Nick is a high-profile detective trying to take down a Mexican drug lord named Carlos (Raul Julia). Soon Nick’s loyalties are put to the test when he begins an affair with restaurateur Jo Ann (Michelle Pfeiffer) — a love interest of Mac’s — unwittingly leading his friend into a police-orchestrated trap.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Twitch: http://shatthemovies.com/twitch
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite