The Cannonball Run (1981)
The Cannonball Run Quote: “We’ve got a secret weapon. God is our co-pilot!” – Fenderbaum
When listener James commissioned “The Cannonball Run,” we had no idea it would be the podcast episode that launched a dozen new Shat The Movies catchphrases: Boobtastic, Optibra, Gene Lyons Nest Thermostat.
This ensemble road-race movie had one goal in mind: laughs. And it delivered like a 100 mph Hollywood Squares orgy. In the end, Ash drooled for Burt Reynolds, Gene was reminded of his uncle’s rich scent, and Big D valiantly attempted to explain the Captain USA joke.
We also found a new appreciation for Dom DeLuise, worried about Nearly Dead Dean Martin, wanted more Jackie Chan, danced our hearts out, and fantasized about the Rocky Horror Picture Show treatment this movie never received.
Plot Summary: “The Cannonball Run” Contestants in a cross-country car race from Connecticut to California include a speed-loving racing driver disguised as an ambulance driver and his dimwitted sidekick, a pair of Ferrari-driving priests, and a James Bond-type character kitted out with secret weapons. Jackie Chan appears in one of his first US film roles.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/social-media
Help Support the Podcast
- Commission Movie: http://shatthemovies.com/support
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: http://shatthemovies.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Leave Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite