The Mummy (1999)
The Mummy Quote: “This just keeps getting better and better!” – Rick O’Connell
Do you love adventure films? Sexy guys and gals on camel back your thing? Do you pine for the golden age of Brendan Fraser’s film career? If the answer to any of those questions is yes, listener Ryan G commissioned just the movie for you- 1999’s “The Mummy.”
In this episode, Big D walks us through how to avoid death by quicksand. Gene swoons over Anck-Su-Namun’s golden painted body. And Ashley pines for Ardeth, face tattoos and all.
Also, the crew talks about the movie’s missed opportunities to weaponize cats (catpacks, anyone?), the benefits of camels over horses, the sketchy motivations of the Pharaoh’s priests, and whether Imhotep is the victim, not the bad guy.
In the end, we ask, “Is ‘The Mummy’ a great movie?” Maybe not. But it sure is one heck of a fun ride on this week’s Shat the Movies.
Plot Summary: “The Mummy” The Mummy is a rousing, suspenseful and horrifying epic about an expedition of treasure-seeking explorers in the Sahara Desert in 1925. Stumbling upon an ancient tomb, the hunters unwittingly set loose a 3,000-year-old legacy of terror, which is embodied in the vengeful reincarnation of an Egyptian priest who had been sentenced to an eternity as one of the living dead.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/social-media
Help Support the Podcast
- Commission Movie: http://shatthemovies.com/support
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: http://shatthemovies.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Leave Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite