The Santa Clause (1994)
The Santa Clause Quote: “If something should happen to me, put on my suit; the reindeer will know what to do.” – Scott Calvin
“Shat The Movies” voters have spoken, and the holiday movie they most wanted to hear in 2019 is “The Santa Clause.” Take a magic sleigh ride back to 1994, when Tim Allen was the king of TV and you could still fat shame in the workplace.
Listen as the Shat boys discover the true meaning of Christmas, Big D laments the demise to Black Friday, Gene recalls phreaking phone sex lines as a 12-year-old, and Roger yearns for the era of bungling police in feel-good comedies.
Other topics include the magic of Denny’s, St. Nick’s occupational hazards, elven uprisings, how Tim Allen changed our hearts, how Bill Murray passed on the role, and how Bernard the Elf grew up to direct porn. Sorta.
Plot Summary: “The Santa Clause” Divorced dad Scott (Tim Allen) has custody of his son (Eric Lloyd) on Christmas Eve. After he accidentally kills a man in a Santa suit, they are magically transported to the North Pole, where an elf explains that Scott must take Santa’s place before the next Christmas arrives. Scott thinks he’s dreaming, but over the next several months he gains weight and grows an inexplicably white beard. Maybe that night at the North Pole wasn’t a dream after all — and maybe Scott has a lot of work to do.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Twitch: http://shatthemovies.com/twitch
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite