Toy Story (1995)
Toy Story Quote: “You are a sad, strange, little man. You have my pity. Farewell.” – Buzz Lightyear
“Toy Story” won the Best of Disney category, and it’s easy to see why this Pixar powerhouse spawned an entire franchise. The characters are unforgettable, the attention to detail is unrivaled, and the voice talent is unbeatable.
This episode is all about Dick Ebert. One second he’s perving out over The Little Mermaid, the next he’s impersonating Randy Newman. Big D even brought a special guest along for this ’90s movie review: Drew Zakmin, of the One Headlight podcast.
Gene Lyons joins them to discuss their favorite childhood toys, the dark side of Woody the Cowboy, Ram Man, Fisto, and parallels between “Toy Story” and its less-popular contemporary “The Christmas Story.”
Warning: Do not look directly at Baby Molly’s face at any point during “Toy Story.” It’s like a less terrifying Momo.
Plot Summary: “Toy Story” Woody (Tom Hanks), a good-hearted cowboy doll who belongs to a young boy named Andy (John Morris), sees his position as Andy’s favorite toy jeopardized when his parents buy him a Buzz Lightyear (Tim Allen) action figure. Even worse, the arrogant Buzz thinks he’s a real spaceman on a mission to return to his home planet. When Andy’s family moves to a new house, Woody and Buzz must escape the clutches of maladjusted neighbor Sid Phillips (Erik von Detten) and reunite with their boy.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite