Valley Girl (1983)
Valley Girl Quote: “Hey, What is this, Bangkok?! I don’t need a massage.” – Steve Richman
Shat The Movies is no stranger to Nicolas Cage movies and teen movies; it was only a matter of time before the two collided in the ’80s classic “”Valley Girl,” a film that stoked our loins and crushed our hopes.
It’s something like “Romeo and Juliet”—in that both scripts have characters and things happen—but calling Randy and Julie star-crossed lovers is a stretch. “Valley Girl” feels more like a mix of “Grease” and “Fast Times at Ridgemont High” (another Nic Cage flick), with some painful lingo to spice things up.
Gene was utterly confounded, asking: Do girls really check out boys en masse? Why didn’t hippies turn into cool ’80s parents? Why do all the characters look the same age? And is Randy a stalker?
Ash set the record straight by letting us know girls don’t dance around in their underwear at sleepovers, radio dedications are romantic, New Orleans parents are super chill, and Nic Cage is a good kisser.
And Big D was the biggest fan of all: excited by the seedy side of Hollywood, cheering for the live music acts and longing to live in a body small enough for car sex.
Plot Summary: “Valley Girl” Lovely teen Julie Richman (Deborah Foreman) is steeped in the excessive, pink-clad culture of the San Fernando Valley, complete with her narcissistic boyfriend, Tommy (Michael Bowen). At a party, however, Julie falls for an edgy Hollywood punk named Randy (Nicolas Cage), and the two begin an unlikely romance. Torn between fitting in with her superficial friends and embracing a more non-conformist lifestyle, Julie ultimately has to decide to stay with Tommy or take a risk with Randy.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Twitch: http://shatthemovies.com/twitch
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite