The Breakfast Club (1985)
The Breakfast Club Quote: “Screws fall out all the time, the world is an imperfect place.” – Bender
High School was a very different place for teenagers back in 1985. There were no cell phones, lockers were still in use, and there was this strange building on campus called the “Library” that housed books and delinquents on Saturdays.
In this week’s review, Rog, Big D, & Gene explore the hit film “The Breakfast Club”. We explore whether or not the themes of teenage angst, High School stereotypes, and John Hughes-style diversity still hold up over 30 years later.
The Shatty Trio also share stories of their own High School experience, predict where the characters are today, and tackle the question as to why a movie called “The Breakfast Club” only served lunch.
Plot Summary: “Breakfast Club“ Five high school students from different walks of life endure a Saturday detention under a power-hungry principal (Paul Gleason). The disparate group includes rebel John (Judd Nelson), princess Claire (Molly Ringwald), outcast Allison (Ally Sheedy), brainy Brian (Anthony Michael Hall) and Andrew (Emilio Estevez), the jock. Each has a chance to tell his or her story, making the others see them a little differently — and when the day ends, they question whether school will ever be the same.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite