Armageddon Quote: “So am I. And I’m not so optimistic. We spend 250 billion dollars a year on defense. And here we are. The fate of the planet is in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn’t trust with a potato gun.” – General Kimsey
“Armageddon” showed us exactly what happens when mega-producer Jerry Bruckheimer teams up with ultra-director Michael Bay: Everything’s big, loud, and explodey. The 1998 summer blockbuster mixed an all-star cast with top-notch special effects and all the flag-waving that could be crammed into 160 minutes.
Big D, Roger, and Gene blast off for disaster when they discuss the confusing science behind “Armageddon,” weigh its merits, and explore if its jokes can still be considered funny in 2018.
Did the Armadillo need a mini-gun? Did Grace need to be at NASA? Did the asteroid have a mind of its own? Find out in a Shat The Movies recording the size of Texas flying into your earhole at the speed of sound.
Plot Summary: “Armageddon” When an asteroid threatens to collide with Earth, NASA honcho Dan Truman (Billy Bob Thornton) determines the only way to stop it is to drill into its surface and detonate a nuclear bomb. This leads him to renowned driller Harry Stamper (Bruce Willis), who agrees to helm the dangerous space mission provided he can bring along his own hotshot crew. Among them is the cocksure A.J. (Ben Affleck), who Harry thinks isn’t good enough for his daughter (Liv Tyler), until the mission proves otherwise.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite