Army of Darkness (1992)
Army of Darkness Quote: “This is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart’s top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That’s right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety-five. It’s got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair-trigger. That’s right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.” – Ash Williams
Big D just watched his first “Evil Dead” movie and is here to talk about it. That alone makes this episode of “Shat The Movies” worth the price of admission.
Need more? Listener Chris Powers’ “Army of Darkness” commission also triggered discussion about how useless we’d be as time travelers, what a world would look like if killing your sex partners cured the STDs they gave you and Bruce Campbell’s undeniable charm.
At just 82 minutes, “Army of Darkness” is the shortest movie we’ve reviewed, but it gave us plenty of material to cover, like Ash’s mistreatment of women, when slapstick goes too far, whether campy horror movies should invest in quality special effects, and how much ammunition you should conserve when potentially trapped in the Middle Ages.
Plus, Gene won’t shut up about “Evil Dead: The Musical.”
Plot Summary: “Army of Darkness” Ash is transported back to medieval days, where he is captured by the dreaded Lord Arthur. Aided by the deadly chainsaw that has become his only friend, Ash is sent on a perilous mission to recover the Book of the Dead, a powerful tome that gives its owner the power to summon an army of ghouls.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite