Beverly Hills Cop (1984)
Beverly Hills Cop Quote: “I don’t know what you teach these fellows but they’re not just regular cops. They’re super cops. And the only thing missing on these guys are capes.” – Axel Foley
“Beverly Hills Cop” launched Eddie Murphy’s international movie career and was the biggest box office hit of 1984, but is it overrated? No, dummy.
This is the police comedy that brought us the banana in the tailpipe, the synth sounds of “Axel F,” the lovable Judge Reinhold at Det. Rosewood and Bronson Pinchot’s bizarre accent.
Does Eddie Murphy’s laugh get annoying? God yes. Do the action sequences make sense? Hell no. But “Beverly Hills Cop” gets our Shat Stamp of Approval. Find out why, and let us know what you think!
Plot Summary: “Beverly Hills Cop“ After his childhood buddy is murdered while visiting Detroit, rebellious cop Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy) follows the leads to Beverly Hills, Calif., under the auspices of a vacation. He checks in with old friend Jenny Summers (Lisa Eilbacher) and starts to believe her boss, art dealer Victor Maitland (Steven Berkoff), might somehow be involved in the murder. However, Lt. Bogomil (Ronny Cox) of the Beverly Hills Police Department does not trust Foley, and hinders his search for evidence.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite