Casino Quote: “All right, I’m gonna give you a choice. You can either have the money and the hammer or you can walk out of here. You can’t have both. What do you want?” – Ace Rothstein
A sparkling Sharon Stone, labyrinth storylines, crappy explosions, loud suits, popping eyeballs, James Woods pimpin’, and a Joe Pesci blowjob? When you want it all, “Casino” delivers. And it takes 3 tectonic hours to do it.
Guest host Kerri Gross lends a female touch (sorta), encourages domestic violence (sorta), and tells us about the one time she put a glass pipe where glass pipes shouldn’t go.
Gene counters with a tale of his “gooch” and laments the loss of a Robert DeNiro in his prime.
Big D has no idea how to pronounce “Goodfellas.”
Plot Summary: “Casino” In early-1970s Las Vegas, low-level mobster Sam “Ace” Rothstein (Robert De Niro) gets tapped by his bosses to head the Tangiers Casino. At first, he’s a great success in the job, but over the years, problems with his loose-cannon enforcer Nicky Santoro (Joe Pesci), his ex-hustler wife Ginger (Sharon Stone), her con-artist ex Lester Diamond (James Woods) and a handful of corrupt politicians put Sam in ever-increasing danger. Martin Scorsese directs this adaptation of Nicholas Pileggi’s book.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite