Christmas Vacation (1989)
Christmas Vacation Quote “Oh, the silent majesty of a winter’s morn… the clean, cool chill of the holiday air… an asshole in his bathrobe, emptying a chemical toilet into my sewer” – Clark Griswold
“National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” tops nearly every list of favorite Christmas movies and holds a warm place in our hearts. But it isn’t flawless.
For every “shitter was full”, there’s an attic plank hitting Clark Griswold in the face. For every moment Chevy Chase show his genius, there’s a scene where he’s forcing a laugh that never comes.
If you’re a huge fan of “Christmas Vacation” or a closet hater, this episode of Shat The Movies is for you. Happy holidays from Roger, Gene and Big D. We wish you the hap hap happiest Christmas of all.
Plot Summary: “Christmas Vacation“ As the holidays approach, Clark Griswold (Chevy Chase) wants to have a perfect family Christmas, so he pesters his wife, Ellen (Beverly D’Angelo), and children, as he tries to make sure everything is in line, including the tree and house decorations. However, things go awry quickly. His hick cousin, Eddie (Randy Quaid), and his family show up unplanned and start living in their camper on the Griswold property. Even worse, Clark’s employers renege on the holiday bonus he needs.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite