Commando Quote: “Let off some steam, Bennett” – Col. John Matrix
Give “Commando” some respect! Seriously! This Arnold Schwarzenegger action extravaganza paved the way for watch-based action shows like “24,” spawned Arnold comedies like “Kindergarten Cop” and proved you can, in fact, have too much calypso music in a movie.
This episode has something for everyone: Big D wows by using his military experience to backseat drive the world’s worst Special Forces operatives. Roger busts out his world-famous Austrian
accent, and Gene tells the tragic tale of Val Verde, a nation forgotten because it never existed. Relive Schwarzenegger’s tactical mistakes, marvel at Dan Hedaya’s awkward Spanish accent, swoon over the implied homosexuality, and cringe at the veiled pedophilia.
It’s all here on Shat The Movies. Sit back, press play, and LET OFF SOME STEAM.
(Video) The Making Of “Commando” With Arnold Schwarzenegger
Plot Summary: “Commando“ Retired Special Forces soldier John Matrix (Arnold Schwarzenegger) lives with daughter Jenny (Alyssa Milano) in isolation, but his privacy is disturbed by former commander Franklin Kirby (James Olson), who warns him that his fellow soldiers are getting killed one by one. After Kirby leaves, Jenny is kidnapped by former Latin American dictator Arius (Dan Hedaya), who wants Matrix to restore him to power. Instead, Matrix sets out to take down the rogue leader and rescue his daughter.
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite