Crimson Tide (1995)
Crimson Tide Quote: “We’re here to preserve democracy, not practice it” – Dr. Capt. Ramsey
When an Army veteran and a nurse who knows nothing about the military review a ’90s submarine movie, you know it’s going to be crazy. Throw in Roger Roeper’s tales of babysitting in an alligator costume, and it’s full-on insane.
Listener Rod Phillips paid Shat The Movies good money to cover “Crimson Tide” as a birthday gift to himself. And his choice wound up being one of the funniest podcasts we’ve ever done.
Kerri wonders how missiles work, Big D dabbles in sailorspeak, and Roger examines which is creepier: magicians or clowns. The Shat Crew celebrates the stellar cast of Denzel Washington, Gene Hackman, Viggo Mortensen, James Gandolfini, Steve Zahn, Ryan Phillippe, and … Richy Schroder?
Kerri bemoans low standards in the military and medical fields. Big D steals the show by explaining the horrors of dying in a sinking sub, shaming fat sailors, and demonstrating he’s downright ruthless when it comes to the Trolley Dilemma. And nuke-spooked Roger wishes he were watching “Top Gun.”
Plot Summary: “Crimson Tide” After the Cold War, a breakaway Russian republic with nuclear warheads becomes a possible worldwide threat. U.S. submarine Capt. Frank Ramsey (Gene Hackman) signs on a relatively green but highly recommended Lt. Cmdr. Ron Hunter (Denzel Washington) to the USS Alabama, which may be the only ship able to stop a possible Armageddon. When Ramsay insists that the Alabama must act aggressively, Hunter, fearing they will start rather than stop a disaster, leads a potential mutiny to stop him.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Twitch: http://shatthemovies.com/twitch
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite