Dogma Quote: “The Catholic Church does not make mistakes.” – Cardinal Glick
“Shat The Movies” celebrates 127 successful episodes of lighthearted banter about silly movies by reviewing a 1999 Kevin Smith hit that was labeled “blasphemy” by the Catholic League and bore its own warning label for offensiveness: It’s “”Dogma,’ y’all.
Listener John U. from Minnesota commissioned this controversial comedy, and really he got two movies for the price of one. In one movie, John got an all-star cast including Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, George Carlin, and Alan Rickman. In the other movie, he got pathetic attempts at acting by Chris Rock, Salma Hayek, and Smith.
Roger Roeper tries to convince Gene and Big D that Smith is to comedy what Tarantino is to action dramas. Big D tells tales from anti-masturbation men’s groups. Gene rails against schoolgirl outfits for strippers. And Kevin Smith tries to cram every idea he’s ever had into 120 minutes of film.”
Plot Summary: “Dogma” Two fallen angels, Bartleby (Ben Affleck) and Loki (Matt Damon), who were ejected from paradise find themselves banned in Wisconsin. They are now headed for New Jersey where they find a loophole that can get them back into heaven. The only catch is that it will destroy humanity. A group bands together to stop them.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite