Empire Records (1995)
Empire Records Quote: “We mustn’t dwell. No, not today. We can’t. Not on Rex Manning day!” – Mark
What happens when the dad of the podcast is confronted with the rebellious teen of ’90s coming-of-age movies? Will Big D spank “Empire Records,” or will this record-store comedy remind him of what it was to be a shoplifting adolescent?
Listener Jen D. added to her list of sterling commissions with the movie that gave us Rex Manning Day, scandalous miniskirts, horrible dancing, and a soundtrack that included Better Than Ezra, Cracker, and The Gin Blossoms. The romances and struggles took Ash back to her wild years and made Gene resurrect his inner music snob.
Find out about that thing on AJ’s lip, why Corey panicked over a blowjob, and why Big D hates Lucas so much. Oh, and there’s some Harry Styles in there for good measure.
Plot Summary: “Empire Records” Joe (Anthony LaPaglia) runs Empire Records, an independent Delaware store that employs a tight-knit group of music-savvy youths. Hearing that the shop may be sold to a big chain, slacker employee Lucas (Rory Cochrane) bets a chunk of the store’s money, hoping to get a big return. When this plan fails, Empire Records falls into serious trouble, and the various other clerks, including lovely Corey (Liv Tyler) and gloomy Deb (Robin Tunney), must deal with the problem, among many other issues.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/social-media
Help Support the Podcast
- Commission Movie: http://shatthemovies.com/support
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: http://shatthemovies.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Leave Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite