From Dusk Till Dawn (1996)
From Dusk till Dawn Quote: “We’re having a wet bikini contest, and you just won.”- Richie Gecko
Roger Roeper labeled “From Dusk Till Dawn” a tale of two movies, and he couldn’t be more correct. Robert Rodriguez directing and Quentin Tarantino writing always equals something special, but is it a gritty shoot-em-up or a campy gorefest? And can a movie successfully be both?
“From Dusk Till Dawn” was commissioned by listener Christian Di Leo and stars an impressive cast include George Clooney in his first starring Hollywood role, Cheech Marin in three different roles, Harvey Keitel, Juliette Lewis, Danny Trejo, Salma Hayek, and Tarantino himself.
Big D quizzes Gene Lyons on vampire killing techniques. Rog connects “From Dusk Till Dawn” with “The Walking Dead,” and all three explore the sexual depravity and background behind Salma Hayek’s iconic snake dance.
Also, PUSSY PUSSY PUSSY!
Plot Summary: “From Dusk till Dawn” On the run from a bank robbery that left several police officers dead, Seth Gecko (George Clooney) and his paranoid, loose-cannon brother, Richard (Quentin Tarantino), hightail it to the Mexican border. Kidnapping preacher Jacob Fuller (Harvey Keitel) and his kids, the criminals sneak across the border in the family’s RV and hole up in a topless bar. Unfortunately, the bar also happens to be home base for a gang of vampires, and the brothers and their hostages have to fight their way out.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/social-media
Help Support the Podcast
- Commission Movie: http://shatthemovies.com/support
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: http://shatthemovies.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Leave Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite