Galaxy Quest (1999)
Galaxy Quest Quote: ” By Grabthar’s hammer… by the Sons of Warvan… you shall be… avenged!”- Dr. Lazarus
This week, we bid happy retirement to a listener to got the shaft from his employer, then realized he already had enough money to retire. Rob P. has been a longtime listener of both Shat on TV and Shat The Movies, and his film commission is nothing short of stellar.
Boldly going where no Shatter has gone before, Rob chose a movie released in the final week of the ’90s. And though “Galaxy Quest” never broke the top 5 in the box office, it might be the greatest sci-fi parody of all time.
Gene Lyons, Roger Roeper, and Dick Ebert break down the difference between Trekkies and Trekkers, celebrate Galaxy Quest’s outstanding casting, and contemplate the proper approach to sex with aliens.
Rog and Gene also swap tales from Comic-Con, with Gene recounting how he stole from Lou Ferrigno and Rog worshipping Alec Baldwin’s blue-collar roots.
And, of course, we had to imitate Thermians and talk about boobs. Because we’re adults.
Play Artemis Spaceship Bridge Simulator –https://artemisspaceshipbridge.com/
Plot Summary: “Galaxy Quest” The stars of a 1970s sci-fi show – now scraping a living through re-runs and sci-fi conventions – are beamed aboard an alien spacecraft. Believing the cast’s heroic on-screen dramas are historical documents of real-life adventures, the band of aliens turn to the ailing celebrities for help in their quest to overcome the oppressive regime in their solar system.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Twitch: http://shatthemovies.com/twitch
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite