Halloween Quote: “I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy’s eyes was purely and simply… evil.” – Dr. Samuel Loomis
Halloween is in the air, and the Shat crew is ready to get spoopy! Forty years after “Halloween” introduced America to Michael Myers and one week before Jamie Lee Curtis returns in the 11th installment of the series, we examine the original to see if it holds up.
Big D explains the “Star Trek” origins of the Michael Myers mask and questions the reality of babysitter sex. Gene dives deep into the history of Judith Myers’ boobs. And Kerri Gross asks just how far a man can carry a 150-pound headstone in one day.
Other lessons learned from the 1978 “Halloween” include: strip off your clothes if you spill butter, always check the back seat of the car, never rely on children to help you in a crisis, assume small-town sheriffs are useless, don’t exit your vehicle if mental patients are roaming around at night, and—most of all—don’t audibly cry while hiding from a serial killer.
Is “Halloween” a genius independent film that’s worth a four decade legacy? Or is it just an un-scary bump in John Carpenter’s resume? Find out as Shat The Movies ventures into a month of horror reviews.
Plot Summary: “Halloween” On a cold Halloween night in 1963, six year old Michael Myers brutally murdered his 17-year-old sister, Judith. He was sentenced and locked away for 15 years. But on October 30, 1978, while being transferred for a court date, a 21-year-old Michael Myers steals a car and escapes Smith’s Grove. He returns to his quiet hometown of Haddonfield, Illinois, where he looks for his next victims.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite