Heat Quote: “Don’t let yourself get attached to anything you are not willing to walk out on in 30 seconds flat if you feel the heat around the corner….” – Neil McCauley
Was “Heat” a star-studded, heart-racing heist movie or a bloated collection of subplots better suited to a mini-series? Michael Mann’s masterpiece put Al Pacino and Robert De Niro on the screen together for the first time, and its star-studded cast included Val Kilmer, Tom Sizemore, Jon Voight, Bud Cort, Hank Azaria, Dennis Haysbert, and a young Natalie Portman.
In this edition of Shat The Movies, Big D analyzes the famous Los Angeles shootout (Gene’s favorite shootout outside of “The Way of The Gun”), and Roger explains why “Heat” isn’t as great as his co-hosts say.
Plot Summary: “Heat” Master criminal Neil McCauley (Robert De Niro) is trying to control the rogue actions of one of his men, while also planning one last big heist before retiring. Meanwhile, Lieutenant Hanna (Al Pacino) attempts to track down McCauley as he deals with the chaos in his own life, including the infidelity of his wife (Diane Venora) and the mental health of his stepdaughter (Natalie Portman). McCauley and Hanna discover a mutual respect, even as they try to thwart each other’s plans.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite