Highlander Quote: “I don’t like boats and I don’t like water. I’m a man, not a fish!” – Connor MacLeod
Is “Highlander” the worst ’80s movie? Perhaps. Is it the worst movie Shat The Movies has reviewed? Definitely.
Christopher Lambert can’t act. Sean Connery isn’t Egyptian or Spanish. We still don’t understand why “there can be only one.” The movie starts on a high note with Freddie Mercury belting out Queen’s “Princes of The Universe,” and two very long hours later ends up in the toilet.
“Highlander” had one saving grace: It might have been a veiled legend of a closeted homosexual community coming to grips with its identity. But if it was, none of our gay friends noticed.
Apologies to the entire nation of Scotland and our friends at Great Northern Radio. Brace yourselves for the most vicious review we’ve ever released.
Plot Summary: “Highlander“ When the mystical Russell Nash (Christopher Lambert) kills a man in a sword fight in a New York City parking lot, he leaves a sliver of an ancient weapon lodged in a car in the process. After brilliant forensics specialist Brenda Wyatt (Roxanne Hart) recovers evidence of the mysterious weapon, she and her partner, Lt. Frank Moran (Alan North), embark on an investigation Of Nash that will land them in the middle of a dangerous, centuries-old feud between powerful immortals.
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite