Jingle All The Way (1996)
Jingle All The Way Quote: “I’m not a pervert! I was just looking for a Turbo Man doll!” – Howard Langston
“Jingle All The Way” marked the end of two distinct cinematic eras: Arnold Schwarzenegger’s string of comedies and Sinbad’s film career. But was it really hot garbage, or does this quirky Christmas satire have some lasting laughs to offer? Big D needed two viewings to decide.
This movie led to a lot of surprisingly spirited Shat The Movies debates, including:
- Should parents attend their children’s sporting events?
- Was “Jingle All The Way” secretly an homage to “Raiders of The Lost Ark”?
- Is this movie pro-divorce?
- Why does everyone hate Booster?
- Would “Jingle All The Way” be better with Tim Allen and Joe Pesci?
Gene, Roger, and Big D also discuss deja vu, blackouts, sleeping with married women, the ’80s trend of must-have toys, the proper order of martial arts belts, and how Gene scammed Service Merchandise out of business.
Big D points out why you shouldn’t film a Christmas movie in the spring, and Roger gives a little history lesson on how George Lucas could have avoided a “Star Wars” disaster by just watching Jake Lloyd’s performance in “Jingle All The Way.”
Plot Summary: “Jingle All The Way” Workaholic Howard Langston (Arnold Schwarzenegger) wants to make things up to his son, Jamie (Jake Lloyd), and wife, Liz (Rita Wilson). He promises to get Jamie the hottest toy of the season, Turbo-Man — even though it’s Christmas Eve and the toy is practically sold out. As Langston hunts down the elusive gift, he runs into mailman Myron (Sinbad), another father on the same quest. With the clock winding down, Langston’s moral code is tested as he starts to learn the real meaning of Christmas.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite