Kingpin Quote: “Do me a favor, will you? Would you mind washing off that perfume before you come back to our table?” – Ernie McCracken
With previous reviews of The Big Lebowski and Dumb & Dumber, STM listener Jake V felt the timing was right to commission the 1996 Farrelly Brothers’ gutterball, Kingpin.
Rog and Big D embark on a road trip through a memory montage that transports the duo to a simpler time when the local bowling lanes were as greasy as the snack bar pizza.
Big D reminisces on his time spent in junior bowling leagues. Rog recollects the time Amish teenagers tried to lure him into an abandoned Pennsylvania cabin. The OG shat twosome fawn over the embodiment of coolness, Bill Murray.
Plus, we explore proper ball fitting, prosthetic hand attachments, and whether or not Chris Farley would have been a better Ishmael. These topics and more in the latest episode of Shat the Movies.
p.s. – Do you have thoughts on ANY of our past movie reviews? Can you change our mind on a previous Shat score? We want to hear from you! Send us an email to Hosts@ShatTheMovies.com or leave a voicemail at 914-719-SHAT. Include “The Drop Box” in the title.
Plot Summary: “Kingpin” Roy Munson (Woody Harrelson) is a young bowler with a promising career ahead of him until a disreputable colleague, Ernie McCracken (Bill Murray), tricks him into participating in a con game that ends with Roy’s bowling hand crippled for life. Years later, Roy ekes out a hardscrabble existence until he discovers Amish bowling phenom Ishmael (Randy Quaid). With the help of a gangser’s girlfriend (Vanessa Angel), he plots to take Ishmael to the top of the bowling world.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/social-media
Help Support the Podcast
- Commission Movie: http://shatthemovies.com/support
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: http://shatthemovies.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Leave Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite