Major League (1989)
Major League Quote: “Jobu… I go to you. I stick up for you. And you no help me now… I say fuck you Jobu. I do it myself.” – Pedro Cerrano
Major League takes us back to a time when baseball was hot, actresses were sex objects, and Charlie Sheen was likable. And despite some racist overtones and plot holes, this 1989 comedy still holds up.
Bob Uecker is still the best play-by-play on film. James Gammon is still the most believable baseball manager in Hollywood. And a shockingly young Wesley Snipes still dazzles in every scene.
Rog loved it. Gene Shat on it and Dick knows far too much about baseball. Check it out!
Plot Summary: “Major League“ The new owner of the Cleveland Indians, former showgirl Rachel Phelps (Margaret Whitton), has a sweetheart deal to move the team to Miami. But to break the lease with the city of Cleveland, ticket sales have to plummet. So Phelps hires the most incompetent players available, including near-blind pitcher Rick Vaughn (Charlie Sheen) and injury-prone catcher Jake Taylor (Tom Berenger). But her villainous tactics accidentally foster a can-do team spirit, turning the Indians into potential winners.
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite