The Matrix (1999)
The Matrix Quote: “Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You’re a plague and we are the cure.” – Agent Smith
The Matrix changed the world: new camera styles, new visions of violence, new perceptions of reality, and new uses of vinyl clothing. Laurence Fishburne was unforgettable as the enigmatic Morpheus. Carrie-Anne Moss was sizzling as the sleek and deadly Trinity. And Keanu Reeves was the astoundingly empty vessel we needed Neo to be. But the real star, 18 years after The Matrix debuted, is Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith. Let’s review what audiences loved, what still holds up, and what ultimately made this masterpiece just short of perfect.
Plot Summary: “The Matrix” Neo (Keanu Reeves) believes that Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne), an elusive figure considered to be the most dangerous man alive, can answer his question — What is the Matrix? Neo is contacted by Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss), a beautiful stranger who leads him into an underworld where he meets Morpheus. They fight a brutal battle for their lives against a cadre of viciously intelligent secret agents. It is a truth that could cost Neo something more precious than his life.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/social-media
Help Support the Podcast
- Commission Movie: http://shatthemovies.com/support
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: http://shatthemovies.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Leave Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite