Air Force One
That screaming eagle of freedom you just heard is Big D’s patriotism soaring through the wild blue yonder alongside the biggest, baddest, ass-kickingest presidential conveyance of all time: “Air Force One.”
Listener Jim Hamilton got drunk and commissioned this 1997 Harrison Ford cheesefest that pits love of nation against love of family. It’s a movie that freedom flexes in the face of reality and tells American diplomacy to take a hike. There’s magical parachutes, impossibly stupid air tankers, a criminal waste of an amazing cast, and an endless parade of tactical errors.
Hear how 2020 presidential candidates would do if their planes were hijacked, learn Farsi with Gene Lyons, explore the reality of military flight with Big D, and get wrapped up in Roger Roeper’s love of Han Solo.
Is it “Die Hard” on a plane? Is it “The Fast and The Furious” of the skies? Were we supposed to side with Gary Oldman’s Egor Korhsunov (seriously, he was kinda right)?
Pop in your earpods, grab a cold Bud, and buckle up for “Air Force One.”
Plot Summary: “Air Force One” After making a speech in Moscow vowing to never negotiate with terrorists, President James Marshall (Harrison Ford) boards Air Force One with his family (Wendy Crewson, Liesel Matthews) and advisers. When a group of terrorists led by Ivan Korshunov (Gary Oldman) hijacks the flight, the President’s principles are put to the test. Feigning escape, ex-solider Marshall stows away in the aircraft and must race against time to rescue his family and everyone else on board.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Twitch: http://shatthemovies.com/twitch
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite