Why would anyone pay us to review a 1993 action-comedy starring an aging Sylvester Stallone and over-the-top Wesley Snipes? Because it’s incredibly easy to watch and superbly entertaining.
“Demolition Man” is a ’90s action movie with ’80s action movie in its DNA. It might even be that last true ’80s action movie, packed with one-liners and inexplicable explosions. Plus VR sex, Taco Bell, and shot after shot of Stallone slow-motion diving with guns blazing.
Things get weird this week as the original Shat The Movies trio–Roger, Dick, and Gene– dive deep into cryprison vs. regular prison, hostage raid tactics, foreplay, a world without murder, Sandra Bullock’s Sandraness, and the world’s worst movie soundtrack.
Plot Summary: “Demolition Man” With innocent victims caught in the crossfire in Los Angeles’ intensifying war on crime, both cop John Spartan (Sylvester Stallone) and violent thug Simon Phoenix (Wesley Snipes) are sentenced to a state of frozen incarceration known as “CryoPrison.” When Spartan is finally thawed 36 years later, it’s 2032, and Los Angeles is now a pacifist utopia called San Angeles. But with Phoenix again on the loose, Spartan must team up with future cop Lenina (Sandra Bullock) to apprehend the killer.
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite