My Cousin Vinny
When you think “My Cousin Vinny,” you might think “Joe Pesci comedy classic,” but there’s a lot more to this 1992 North-meets-South courtroom farce.
For Gene, there’s Marisa Tomei at her finest: A charming Mona Lisa Vito with a heart of gold and a wardrobe to match. She’s the ultimate ’90s Italian heartthrob who delivers the best lines of the movie.
For Roger, there’s beloved Fred Gwynne in his final film role. TV’s Herman Munster brings warm and gentle comedy to Vinny’s Judge Chamberlain Haller after an amazing life story that included World War II service.
And for Big D, there’s about 100 jokes involving miscommunication, dick jokes, and implied prison rape.
Is that enough to save “My Cousin Vinny” from overly formulaic writing? Does the fact “Vinny” is used in actual law schools help? Or is this just a middle-of-the-road ’90s comedy?
Listen in, then tell us what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plot Summary: “My Cousin Vinny” New York lawyer Vinny has never won a case. When his teenage cousin Bill and his friend Stan are accused of murder in a backwater Alabama town, it’s up to the nervous Vinny to save him from jail, even though he’s only ever tried personal injury cases before, and none of them successfully.
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite