Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan Quote: “Don’t grieve, Admiral. It is logical. The needs of the many outweigh…” – Mr. Spock
Just when you thought we had covered all the ’80s space classics: “E.T.,” “The Empire Strikes Back,” “The Last Starfighter,” and “The Thing,” listener John Clyburn takes the podcast where no Shat has gone before with “Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan.”
Star Trek II widely is considered the best “Star Trek” movie ever made, and “Shat The Movies” certainly recognizes why: a chesty Ricardo Montalban, a young Kirstie Alley, and a surprise death that came years before “Game of Thrones” decided anyone was fair game.
But look closer, and you’ll see a few cut corners, a few plot holes, and one totally disgusting reason to sleep with cotton balls in your ears. Why do the sets look so cheap in a post-Star Wars era? Why are the deaths to melodramatic? And why doesn’t anyone at Star Fleet come up with better security protocols than sending your admiral down to check things out?
If you like nerdy commentary, this is the episode for you.
Plot Summary: “Star Trek 2: The Wrath of Khan” As Adm. James T. Kirk (William Shatner) and Capt. Spock (Leonard Nimoy) monitor trainees at Starfleet Academy, another vessel from the United Federation of Planets is about to try out the planet-creating Genesis Device in a seemingly deserted portion of space. In the process, two of Kirk’s officers are captured by Khan (Ricardo Montalban), an enemy Kirk thought he’d never see again. Once more, Kirk takes the Enterprise’s helm, where he meets Khan’s ship in an intergalactic showdown.
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite