Disney’s “Tron” digitally dazzled the world as revolutionary work of art: the identity discs, the concept of a computerized world, and visuals that to this day haven’t been replicated in their inventiveness and effort.
But one thing sets movies apart from other optical art forms: The Story. And when you read Tron’s narrative files, some border on corrupt.
On this podcast, three grown men who worshipped Tron as boys revisit Flynn, Sark, Lora, Dumant, light bikes, solar sailers, the I/O Tower, and the Master Control Program.
Big D brings his Tron toys out to play. Roger questions the sexual undercurrents of the film, and Gene gets just plain mad at the spaghetti bowl of a narrative Disney threw together.
Find out how Tron’s artists got those amazing glow effects, why Jeff Bridges was the only actor forced to wear a loin cloth, and how Roger manages to bring religion into even this childish technological tale.
The proof is in the printout.
Plot Summary: “Tron” When talented computer engineer Kevin Flynn (Jeff Bridges) finds out that Ed Dillinger (David Warner), an executive at his company, has been stealing his work, he tries to hack into the system. However, Flynn is transported into the digital world, where he has to face off against Dillinger’s computerized likeness, Sark, and the imposing Master Control Program. Aided by Tron (Bruce Boxleitner) and Yori (Cindy Morgan), Flynn becomes a freedom fighter for the oppressed programs of the grid.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Twitch: http://shatthemovies.com/twitch
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite