Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
Raiders of the Lost Ark Quote: “Do you realize what the Ark is? It’s a transmitter, It’s a radio for speaking to God.” – René Belloq
Our mission is to answer “Were the movies we loved when growing up really that good?” Indiana Jones and The Raiders of The Lost Ark isn’t as good as we remembered: It’s better. If you’re sick of hearing us complain about how other ’80s movies fell short of the mark, this is the episode for you. We’ll discuss how Harrison Ford was perfect for the Indiana Jones role, Karen Allen stole our hearts as Marion, the action scenes thrilled us, and Steven Spielberg’s direction tickled our brains. This movie is downright perfect.
Plot Summary: “Raiders of the Lost Ark“ Renowned archeologist and expert in the occult, Dr. Indiana Jones, is hired by the U.S. Government to find the Ark of the Covenant, which is believed to still hold the ten commandments. Unfortunately, agents of Hitler are also after the Ark. Indy, and his ex-flame Marion escape from various close scrapes in a quest that takes them from Nepal to Cairo.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite