Ronin Quote: “Yea, Almost turned into a bit of raspberry jam back there.” – Spencer
Do you remember your first DVD? “Shat The Movies” listener Ken C. does. And he forked out the dollars to share it with you.
“Ronin” was a throwback movie even on the day it was released, feeling more like 1968 than 1998. It was prime Robert De Niro before he started his string of comedies, and it was legendary director John Frankenheimer’s final picture, an ode to all his car-chase spectaculars that came before.
Reverence for a bygone era aside, the Shat Crew couldn’t help but notice some bumps in the picturesque French roads of “Ronin.” Abundant MacGyver tricks, rampant Michael Bayisms, questionable Irish accents, Teflon bullets, and dad-fashion euro dudes.
If ever Dick Ebert sparkled on the “Shat The Movies” review, “Ronin” was it. Big D shares Army stories, breaks down the epic ambush scene, mourns Princess Di, and cringes at French police cars too small to fit his 6’7″ frame.
Here’s to a movie that threw CGI aside, illustrated the beauty of France, and said farewell to one of the greatest car-chase directors of all time. Enjoy.
Plot Summary: “Ronin” Deirdre (Natascha McElhone) puts together a team of experts that she tasks with stealing a valuable briefcase, the contents of which are a mystery. The international team includes Sam (Robert De Niro), an ex-intelligence officer, along with Vincent (Jean Reno), Gregor (Stellan Skarsgard) and others. As their operation gets underway, several team members are found to be untrustworthy, and everyone must complete the mission with a watchful eye on everyone else.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Twitch: http://shatthemovies.com/twitch
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite