The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
Shawshank Redemption Quote: “I believe in two things: discipline and the Bible. Here you’ll receive both. Put your trust in the Lord; your ass belongs to me. Welcome to Shawshank.” – Warden Norton
“The Shawshank Redemption” is one of the finest prison movies ever made, worthy of its 1995 Oscar nomination. But does it hold its own against the other cinematic giants of 1994: “Pulp Fiction,” “Forrest Gump,” “Quiz Show,” and “Four Weddings And A Funeral?”
And why did it cost Gene Lyons his first kiss from the girl of his dreams?
Reminisce about the beauty and transcendence of Stephen King’s tale, then jump right into our debate over whether Andy Dufresne really was guilty, Tommy was telling the truth and Hadley was a bad man.
Plot Summary: “The Shawshank Redemption“ Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) is sentenced to two consecutive life terms in prison for the murders of his wife and her lover and is sentenced to a tough prison. However, only Andy knows he didn’t commit the crimes. While there, he forms a friendship with Red (Morgan Freeman), experiences brutality of prison life, adapts, helps the warden, etc., all in 19 years.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite