Showgirls Quote: “Man, everybody got AIDS and shit!” — James Smith
Like Cristal Connors (Gina Gershon) and Nomi Malone (Elizabeth Berkley) bonding over their shared joy of eating the same brand of dog food, Roger, Dick and Kerri sit down to discuss the 1995 Paul Verhoeven “Classic” Showgirls.
Showgirls promised to expose the inside workings of Las Vegas, stripping, and hooking… but instead all we learn about was the hazards of monkey-poo on stage, unexpected uses for ice cubes and how to get beaten into a coma by a superstar musician.
Plot Summary: “Showgirls” Nomi (Elizabeth Berkley) arrives in Las Vegas with only a suitcase and a dream of becoming a top showgirl. She quickly befriends Molly (Gina Ravera), who works at the high-profile Stardust Hotel, and lands a job at a seedy strip club. A chance meeting with Cristal (Gina Gershon), the Stardust’s marquee dancer, and her powerful boyfriend, Zack (Kyle MacLachlan), brings Nomi one step closer to realizing her dream. But, as she ascends to the top, Nomi begins to wonder if it’s all worth it.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite