Spaceballs Quote: “I knew it. I’m surrounded by assholes! [Dark Helmet pulls his face shield down] Keep firing, assholes!” – Dark Helmet
Spaceballs wins our Best of John Candy category, bringing Roger and Gene together against Big D for the first time ever. Hop aboard the Spaceball One as we blast through the fourth wall, celebrate Rick Moranis, learn about George Lucas’ involvement, and debate whether this movie is funny at all.
Roger quotes basically the entire movie. Gene gives in to a rare laughing fit. And Big D assumes he’s being punked by their enthusiasm.
Plot Summary: “Spaceballs” In a distant galaxy, planet Spaceball has depleted its air supply, leaving its citizens reliant on a product called “Perri-Air.” In desperation, Spaceball’s leader President Skroob (Mel Brooks) orders the evil Dark Helmet (Rick Moranis) to kidnap Princess Vespa (Daphne Zuniga) of oxygen-rich Druidia and hold her hostage in exchange for air. But help arrives for the Princess in the form of renegade space pilot Lone Starr (Bill Pullman) and his half-man, half-dog partner, Barf (John Candy).
Help Support the Podcast
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite