Strange Days (1995)
Strange Days Quote: “Bullet-resistant? What ever happened to bullet-proof?” – Lenny Nero
Before James Cameron set sail for Hollywood history with Titanic, he almost sank Kathryn Bigelow’s directing career with the giant iceberg of a box office failure, Strange Days.
Listener, Mike S, commissioned the Shat crew to finally answer the question: “How could a movie that accurately predicted America’s collapse into social inequality, police brutality, and obsession with living other people’s lives through technology have failed at my local theater?”
Ash ‘Mace’ Mason makes her Shat the Movies debut with Gene & Roger as the trio explores Y2K death cults, questionable casting choices, and how much screen time we should give to sexual assault.
Put on your SQUID wig, pop in that Sony Mini-disc, and “jack-in” for the latest STM episode.
Plot Summary: “Strange Days” Former policeman Lenny Nero (Ralph Fiennes) has moved into a more lucrative trade: the illegal sale of virtual reality-like recordings that allow users to experience the emotions and past experiences of others. While the bootlegs typically contain tawdry incidents, Nero is shocked when he receives one showing a murder. He enlists a friend, bodyguard Mace (Angela Bassett), to help find the killer — and the two soon stumble upon a vast conspiracy involving the police force Nero once worked for.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/social-media
Help Support the Podcast
- Commission Movie: http://shatthemovies.com/support
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: http://shatthemovies.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Leave Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite