The Burbs (1989)
The Burbs Quote: “Smells like they’re cooking a goddamn cat over there.” – Mark Rumsfield
Big D thought we should do a Best of Rick Ducommun, and you’re probably wondering who that is. You’re not alone.
Ducommun was in “Spaceballs,” “The Last Boy Scout,” “Die Hard,” “Groundhog Day,” and dozens of other ’80s and ’90s classics. You might say he’s Mr. Shat The Movies, and Big D is a big fan.
So it’s only fitting that Dick Ebert pop his Shat The Movies hosting cherry by guiding us through the 1989 classic “The Burbs,” best known for another actor you might have heard of: Tom Hanks.
Kerri Gross and The King Bee join Big D in discussing nipple hunting on cable TV, “The Burbs” connection to “The Silence of The Lambs,” what the hell Corey Feldman is doing in this movie, Tom Hanks’ disagreeable side, and how to be an awful neighbor.
Also, learn what Kerri wears when she prowls her block as the Goth Avenger. And Big D pulls off another uncanny celebrity impersonation.
Plot Summary: “The Burbs” Settling in for some time off in his suburban home, Ray Peterson’s (Tom Hanks) vacation becomes a horror when the Klopeks, a suspiciously odd family, move in down the block. Enlisting the aid of his paranoid buddy, Art (Rick Ducommun), and his militia-man neighbor, Rumsfield (Bruce Dern), Ray sends his son and wife (Carrie Fisher) away on a trip while he investigates the Klopeks. When a neighbor disappears, Ray and his cohorts risk their lives to save their cul-de-sac from the clutches of evil.
- Android: http://shatthemovies.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: http://shatthemovies.com/itunes
- Twitch: http://shatthemovies.com/twitch
Help Support the Podcast
- Shop / Merchandise: http://shatthemovies.com/shop
- Support with Paypal: http://shatthemovies.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://venmo.com/shatpodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link: https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey: http://shatthemovies.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review: http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies: http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Feeds & Social Media: http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail: (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Email: email@example.com
- Checkout our TV Podcasts: https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite