The Crow (1994)
The Crow Quote: “It can’t rain all the time.” – Eric Draven
“The Crow” isn’t the greatest movie of the ’90s. It’s not even the best movie of 1994. But for a lot of thirty-somethings, this movie was a huge part of adolescence. But Shat The Movies has passed it over again and again.
Well, listener Joshua decided that’s some bullshit and decided to FIRE IT UP.
Shat The Movies resident goths Gene Lyons and Kerri Gross join misanthrope King Bee to examine Brandon Lee’s mysterious death, a cursed movie set, the difference between a crow and a raven, and the miracles of rent in downtown Detroit.
The King Bee asks whether Frank Miller’s “Sin City” influenced the hypersaturated, gritty look and feel “The Crow.” Kerri evaluates costuming and mysticism. And, in the course of it all, Gene somehow turns into a Crow apologist.
This one goes out to Joshua and his wife. If “The Crow” did nothing else, it brought two little lovebirds together.
Plot Summary: “The Crow” The night before his wedding, musician Eric Draven (Brandon Lee) and his fiancée are brutally murdered by members of a violent inner-city gang. On the anniversary of their death, Eric rises from the grave and assumes the gothic mantle of the Crow, a supernatural avenger. Tracking down the thugs responsible for the crimes and mercilessly murdering them, Eric eventually confronts head gangster Top Dollar (Michael Wincott) to complete his macabre mission.
Help Support the Podcast
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Leave an iTunes Review – http://shatthemovies.com/review
- Vote for our Next Movies – http://shatthemovies.com/vote
- Subscribe & Social Media – http://shatthemovies.com/subscribe-and-follow
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Checkout our TV Podcasts – https://shatontv.com/shat-on-podcasts
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite – https://www.facebook.com/guyznite